1. Advanced Electronics
• troubleshooting with multi-meter
• installing mini switches and how they
• making template for pick up replacement
• soap bar pickups
• humbucking pickups
• strat pickup quirk
• eliminating humming problems
• how piezo transducers work and how
they are installed
• installing active preamp system in
acoustic and electric
• wiring a hollow body jazz guitar (ES335
• compression fretting
• epoxy fretting
• hammer - in fretting
• routing fret slots
• flattening fret board
• replacing pearl
• re-fretting bound fret boards and maple
• selecting fret wire
• discuss alternative fretting methods
3. Removing and replacing bridge and bridge
plate on acoustic
4. Working on problematic acoustic bridges.
• More extensive bridge work, building
bridges and intonating bridge
5. Crack Repairs
6. Neck Re-sets
7. Use of spray gun and finishing techniques
Build up to two basic guitars or one guitar students’ own design.
For Students who would like to continue their repair training a customized course can be developed to fit your goals.
Students can continue their repair training for up to four months. For details please contact the school.
Students can also choose to do one month of repairs and one month of building.